This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PAIR OF MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CIRCA 18 METRES SOUTH OF THE SOUTH PORCH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PAIR OF MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CIRCA 18 METRES SOUTH OF THE SOUTH PORCH

List entry Number: 1153704

Location

PAIR OF MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CIRCA 18 METRES SOUTH OF THE SOUTH PORCH

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

District Type: District Authority

Parish: North Cerney

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Feb-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 131236

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NORTH CERNEY NORTH CERNEY VILLAGE SP01 075 - 02 075 16/213 Pair of monuments in the churchyard of the Church of All Saints, c18m south of the south porch

GV II

Chest tomb and pedestal tomb. Limestone. From east to west:- a) Chest tomb to Ann, wife of Thomas Smith, died 1791. Further partially legible inscriptions, one to Ann Painter, died 1780. Moulded plinth with inset corners. Inscriptions on all four sides with beaded margins; frieze above; capping with moulded margin. b) Pedestal tomb. Late C18 with partially legible inscription on the south and west. Moulded plinth with inset corners. Beaded margins to inscription panels; plain frieze. Capping with moulded margin and stepped and moulded pyramidal capping. (Rev.d A.J.C. Turner, Record of Monuments dating from before 1850 in the Churchyard of the Church of All Saints, North Cerney, 1971).

Listing NGR: SP0185407764

Selected Sources

Other
Turner, AJC , Record of Monuments dating from before 1850 in the Churchyard of the Church of All Saints North Cerney, 1971,

National Grid Reference: SP 01854 07764

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153704 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2018 at 07:01:53.

End of official listing