FORMER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153983
Date first listed:
10-Mar-1988
Statutory Address:
FORMER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153983 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 20:22:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Ford
National Grid Reference:
NT 92499 39268

Details

FORD ETAL NT 9239 16/84 Former Presbyterian Church GV II

Former Presbyterian church, now joiner's shop. 1800. Rubble with ashlar dressings, Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 4 bays. Outer bays have 12-pane sashes on ground floor, smaller-windows above now boarded. Centre bays have full-height 24-pane, round-headed windows with intersecting glazing bars. All openings in raised stone surrounds. High, broad and steeply-pitched gabled roof.

Entry side has 4 bays on ground floor with doorways in outer bays, left door replaced by a C20 sliding door. 3 boarded windows on first floor. In the centre a small moulded panel inscribed

REBUILT ANNO DOMINI 1800 REV D WILSON

Listing NGR: NT9250239270

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
238051
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Jan 2002
Reference: IOE01/06145/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Don Brownlow. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].