RANGE OF FARMBUILDINGS TO NORTH OF OLD FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1154231
Date first listed:
10-Mar-1988
Statutory Address:
RANGE OF FARMBUILDINGS TO NORTH OF OLD FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of RANGE OF FARMBUILDINGS TO NORTH OF OLD FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154231 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 08:51:37.

Location

Statutory Address:
RANGE OF FARMBUILDINGS TO NORTH OF OLD FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Ford
National Grid Reference:
NT 94211 38267

Details

FORD HAY FARM NT 93 NE 10/114 Range of farmbuildings to north of the Old Farmhouse GV II

Range of farmbuildings, formerly stable, barn, granaries and engine house, now mainly used as granaries and storage. 1795 and mid-C19. Older parts ashlar with Scottish slate roofs. Later parts rubble with dressings, pantiled roofs. One part now has asbestos roof. Brick engine-house chimney.

Long range of 2-storey buildings rising higher in 3 stages. Several small square windows on 1st floor. Reverse-stepped coping and steeply-pitched roofs. Dated HON WC 1795 for William Carr of Etal Manor, on right return.

At north end projecting mid C19 threshing barn with hipped roof and beyond that the lean-to engine house and tall square corniced engine-house chimney. The view from the north is irregular and picturesque.

Listing NGR: NT9421138267

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
238081
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Feb 2006
Reference: IOE01/15204/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Rogers. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].