ARLINGTON HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155026
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1952
Statutory Address:
ARLINGTON HOUSE, A433

Map

Ordnance survey map of ARLINGTON HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155026 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jul-2019 at 05:53:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
ARLINGTON HOUSE, A433

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Bibury
National Grid Reference:
SP 11306 06776

Details

BIBURY A433, Arlington SP 1006-1106 (south side) 11/28 Arlington House 23.1.52 II House with attached coach house. Late C18. Coursed rubble limestone; brick rebuilt chimneys; stone slate roof. Two- storey. L-plan house with coach house attached to rear wing. Front: 4-window fenestration, mostly 2 and 3-light chamfered mullioned casements; segmental arched former doorway to left with inserted iron casement in timber frame. Right of centre doorway with plain surround and flat timber porch hood on brackets; 6- panel fielded door; 12-pane sash to right with indications of former window above. Three ridge-mounted chimneys. North east side: rear wing runs to left with scattered single and 2-light mullioned fenestration. Attached coach house runs forward to left with hipped-roofed lean-to addition to north east gable end; plank coach doors on south east side. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP1130606776

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
127274
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Apr 2004
Reference: IOE01/12018/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].