ANN BOOTH MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARTIN CIRCA 1 AND 1/2 METRES SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155536
Date first listed:
04-Dec-1987
Statutory Address:
ANN BOOTH MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARTIN CIRCA 1 AND 1/2 METRES SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL

Map

Ordnance survey map of ANN BOOTH MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARTIN CIRCA 1 AND 1/2 METRES SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155536 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 21:15:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
ANN BOOTH MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARTIN CIRCA 1 AND 1/2 METRES SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Tewkesbury (District Authority)
Parish:
Oxenton
National Grid Reference:
SO 96115 30230

Details

SP 93 SE OXENTON WOOLSTONE

5/133 Ann Booth monument in the churchyard of the Church of St Martin cl.5m south of the chancel

GV II

Chest tomb to Ann Booth, relict of John Booth, died 1727 and other members of that family, including inscription possibly dated 1717. Limestone with moulded plinth. Raised oval inscription panel on the south side draped with a finely carved swag with rope ties at each corner. Similar inscription panel and decoration on the north side. Lyre-shaped ends with large hanging bellflower decoration to the sides. Raised oval boss with traces of an inscription at the east end; cherub's head with foliate scrollwork either side above. Similar but oval panel at the opposite end. Thick capping with moulded edge.

Listing NGR: SO9611530230

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
135228
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/06610/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Harnwell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].