STONE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156538
Date first listed:
11-Aug-1961
Statutory Address:
STONE HOUSE, KIRTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STONE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156538 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Oct-2019 at 21:07:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
STONE HOUSE, KIRTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Nottinghamshire
District:
Newark and Sherwood (District Authority)
Parish:
Egmanton
National Grid Reference:
SK 73173 68880

Details

EGMANTON KIRTON ROAD SK 76 NW (south side) 4/21 Stone House 11.8.61 G.V. II

House. 1734. Dressed stone with ashlar dressings and pantile roof. Plinth, moulded ashlar eaves, 2 coped gables with kneelers, 3 gable stacks. 2 storeys, 3 bays. L-plan. Front windows are 3 light stone mullioned with C19 casements. East front has central moulded quoined doorcase with heavy lintel and recessed C19 half-glazed door. Above it, corniced datestone inscribed 'Richard Mapals 1734'. Flanked by single windows. Above, 3 similar smaller windows. South end has C20 single bay lean-to addition, concrete block with asbestos cement roof. At rear, to left, C19 2 storey addition, brick with catslide pantile roof to north, and dentillated eaves. West gable has, above, single casement with segmental head. South side has single casement and door with segmental head. Main rear elevation has off-centre mullioned window and above, C20 casement. To right, C19 lean-to addition, brick with pantile roof, with door on north side. North and south gables have each a blocked mullioned opening to garret. Rear addition has a single casement to north.

Listing NGR: SK7317368880

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
241871
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Jun 2002
Reference: IOE01/07753/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roger H Mockford. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].