SOUTH COLLINGHAM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156850
Date first listed:
17-Oct-1984
Statutory Address:
SOUTH COLLINGHAM HOUSE, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of SOUTH COLLINGHAM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156850 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 23:22:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
SOUTH COLLINGHAM HOUSE, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Nottinghamshire
District:
Newark and Sherwood (District Authority)
Parish:
Collingham
National Grid Reference:
SK8286461328

Details

SK 8261-8361 COLLINGHAM THE GREEN (south side)

10/28 South Collingham House

G.V. II

Small country house, C18 with extensive alterations and additions, 1887, and C20. Coursed blue lias rubble plinth, brick, with steep pitched plain and pantile roofs brick coped shaped gables, stone dressings, 2 large ridge stacks, 2 gable stacks. 2 storeys and attics, 2 windows. North front has 2 C18 glazing bar sashes on each floor, with segmental heads; above, single C19 four-pane casement and 6 pane mullion and transom casement with raised central pane. Shaped east gable has, above, single blank panel. East front, 2 storeys plus attics, 3 bays, has irregular C19 and C20 fenestration, 3 shaped gables, that to north with, above, datestone inscribed '1887'. South front, C19, brick with stone dressings, 2 storeys plus attics, 3 bays, has central gabled porch, flanked by single tripartite plain sashes; above, single tripartite sash to west and 3 plain sashes; above again, 2 round-headed plain sashes. Central stone balustrade flanked by 2 shaped gables. To west C20 addition, brick with hipped plain tile roof, linked to C19 hipped roof timber conservatory. Dwarf boundary wall with square chamfered panels, 2 brick piers with stone finials.

Listing NGR: SK8286461328

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
242553
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/07104/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek E. Godson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].