NUMBER 1 (THE OLD HOUSE), 2, 3 AND 4

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157394

Date first listed: 19-Aug-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 31-Oct-1988

Statutory Address: NUMBER 1 (THE OLD HOUSE), 2, 3 AND 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBER 1 (THE OLD HOUSE), 2, 3 AND 4
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157394 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 18:55:15.

Location

Statutory Address: NUMBER 1 (THE OLD HOUSE), 2, 3 AND 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Eardisley

National Grid Reference: SO 31208 49354

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EARDISLEY CP CHURCH ROAD (east side) SO 3049 - 3149 7/66 No 1 (The Old House), 2. 3 and 4 (Formerly 19.8.53 listed as Nos 3 and 4) GV II Row of four houses. C17, altered mid-C19 and late C20. Timber-framed with rendered infill on rubble base, partly refaced in rubble and roughcast; stone- tiled roof laid in diminishing ocurses, rubble stack to front of ridge with pair of rendered diagonal shafts and also large brick stack to front of ridge at north end. T-plan; main range of three framed bays aligned north/south with large chimney between south and central bays. Cross-wing of three framed bays adjoins south end and has external rubble chimney with rebuilt brick stack on its south side. Mainly single storey and attic with dormers. Framing: exposed on main range. Three panels from sill to wall-plate, short solid braces in some upper corners, no trusses visible. West front elevation: No 1 occupies cross- wing. Gable end has a C20 ground floor 4-light casement and a C20 first floor 3- light casement. There are plank weatherings at girding-beam, tie-beam and collar level. A C20 single-storey porch wing adjoins to south-west with a 2-light case- ment at its gable end and a half-glazed door in the angle. Nos 2, 3 and 4 occupy main range. No 2 has a ground floor 3-light casement and an original gabled dormer with a tie-beam truss and cusped struts and a 3-light casement; both windows have plank weatherings. There is a lean-to half-glazed C20 porch and half-glazed door. No 3 has a 2-light ground floor casement and an original gabled half-dormer (similar truss to No 4) with a 2-light casement; both windows have plank weatherings. There is a C20 partly glazed door with a lean-to canopy on straight brackets. No 4 has a 2-light ground floor casement with a plank weathering, a C19 gabled dormer with a 2-light casement and a lean-to timber porch with side lights and a glazed C20 door. (RCHM, III, p 54, item 23).

Listing NGR: SO3120849354

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 150621

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 54

End of official listing