WOODSEAVES FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157507

Date first listed: 19-Aug-1953

Statutory Address: WOODSEAVES FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WOODSEAVES FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157507 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 08:25:44.

Location

Statutory Address: WOODSEAVES FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Eardisley

National Grid Reference: SO2924449455

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EARDISLEY CP WOODS EAVES

SO 24 NE 5/98 19.8.53

Woodseaves Farmhouse

GV II

Farmhouse. Probably late C16, altered C18, mid-C19 and mid-C20. Timber- framed with painted brick and rendered infill on rubble base, some rubble replacement walling and machine-tiled roofs with brick ridge stack. L-plan; -main range of three framed bays aligned north-east/south-west with C20 external brick chimney at south-west end, Single-bay wing adjoins north-, west side of north-east bay and is probably an C18 addition. Part two storeys, part single storey and attic with dormers. Framing: main range has three panels from sill to wall-plate, some solid upper corner braces and a collar and tie-beam truss with two struts at the north-east end. Wing has four rows of panels from sill to wall-plate, long straight braces across the lower corners of the first floor and a similar type of truss with additional struts linked by a rail above the collar. North-west front elevation: windows are mainly C20 casements and have plank weatherings on the ground floor and also the first floor of the wing. Main part has two ground floor 3-light windows and two gabled dormers, one with a 2-light window and one with a 3-light window. Wing gable end has a 3-light ground floor window and a 4-light first floor window. Main entrance to right has a gabled balustered timber porch and a half-glazed C20 door and transom light within. Rubble lean-to outshut in angle with 2-light casement to north-west side. Also timber-framed hipped- roofed outshut at south-west gable end of main range with a 2-light window in its front elevation and a lean-to on the north-east side of the wing with a double doorway in its north-west side. (RCHM, III, p 56, item 54).

Listing NGR: SO2924449455

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 150653

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 56

End of official listing