COMMON FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALLS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1203939

Date first listed: 11-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: COMMON FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALLS, ASHBY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of COMMON FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALLS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1203939 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 19:46:22.

Location

Statutory Address: COMMON FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALLS, ASHBY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: South Derbyshire (District Authority)

Parish: Melbourne

National Grid Reference: SK 38823 23997

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 32 SE PARISH OF MELBOURNE ASHBY ROAD 5/42 (East Side) Common Farmhouse and Attached Garden Walls II Farmhouse and attached garden walls. 1817. Red brick with painted stone dressings and plain tile roof with brick gable stacks, plus sawtooth eaves band. Double range plan, three storeys and three bays. Central rustic wooden porch with gabled roof over original doorcase, with a panelled door and divided overlight. To either side there are tall 3-light windows with horizontal sliding sashes to bottom and fixed panes above. Similar windows above to either side and a similar 2-light window to centre. Above smaller 3-light casements to either side of central 2-light casement window, all below painted rusticated wedge lintels with double keystones. Interior has a stick baluster staircase and a back staircase between walls, also panelled doors and panelled cupboards to either side of western fireplace. Attached at either side to front of house there are low brick walls with flat stone copings, finishing in rusticated stone piers with pyramidal copings. Between the piers there are the original early C19 railings with a central gate. There are documents recording that the house was built in 1817 by Joseph Hazard.

Listing NGR: SK3882323997

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 83028

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing