MUNIMENT ROOM TO SOUTH OF TRUSLEY OLD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1204144

Date first listed: 19-Jan-1967

Statutory Address: MUNIMENT ROOM TO SOUTH OF TRUSLEY OLD HALL, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MUNIMENT ROOM TO SOUTH OF TRUSLEY OLD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204144 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 07:32:38.

Location

Statutory Address: MUNIMENT ROOM TO SOUTH OF TRUSLEY OLD HALL, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: South Derbyshire (District Authority)

Parish: Trusley

National Grid Reference: SK 25300 35385

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 23 NE PARISH OF TRUSLEY MAIN STREET 2/61 (West side ) Muniment Room 19.1.67 to S of Trusley Old Hall GV II

Summerhouse, now muniment room. Early C17, altered 1902, restored 1958 and altered 1980. Red brick with stone dressings and quoins, and hipped pyramidal plain tile roof with ball finial on stem to top. Plinth with stone copings to base. Single bay, and single storey over basement. North elevation has C20 flight of stone steps up to fine early C18 style stone doorcase, erected in 1980. The doorcase has open swan-neck pediment with central achievement of Coke family, over semi-circular headed doorcase with staff moulded inner edge, raised fillet to outer edge, moulded imposts and raised keystone. Fluted pilasters to sides have harebells carved on the capitals and above the frieze has diamond and flower motifs between triglyphs. Panelled door below also 1980. To either side of this elevation the corners have extra stone pilasters with scrolled brackets to top. West and south elevations have C20 moulded mullion and transomed windows, whilst east facade has C17 style C20 window and doorcase. Lintel of doorcase inscribed 'Non Aliunde Pendere'. Stone plaque to east side of steps on south elevation has an inscription in abbreviated Latin giving the dates of the various building programmes. Interior has re-used C17 oak panelling from Etwall Hall to one wall and a re-used C17 plaster panel with inscription. Included for group value only.

Listing NGR: SK2530035385

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 82645

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing