NONCONFORMIST CEMETERY CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1205358

Date first listed: 24-May-1993

Statutory Address: NONCONFORMIST CEMETERY CHAPEL, CHESTERTON LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of NONCONFORMIST CEMETERY CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205358 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 22:07:33.

Location

Statutory Address: NONCONFORMIST CEMETERY CHAPEL, CHESTERTON LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Cirencester

National Grid Reference: SP0142201213

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP0101 578-1/5/67

CIRENCESTER CHESTERTON LANE(South West side) Nonconformist Cemetery Chapel

GII Nonconformist Cemetery Chapel,now used as store by Corinium Museum.1871. Designed by Medland of Gloucester,built by W Hinton of Cirencester.Rock-faced limestone with ashlar dressings;clay tile roof.Cruciform plan with three-bay nave with semi-circular apse to east end,north porch and corresponding vestry to south side,crocketed spirelet over west gable;Decorated style.East end has three pairs of lancet windows with cusped heads and hoodmoulds with foliar stops,west end has similar three-light window with geometrical tracery,lantern with bell and crocketed spirelet at apex of gable.Gabled north porch has pair of diagonal boarded studded doors with decorative strap hinges in moulded stone surround with cusped opening and hoodmould with foliar stops.Lancet windows with cusped heads and hoodmoulds with foliar stops to sides;plinth with chamfered top,weathered band course below windows,weathered side and angle buttresses.Wrought-iron cross on spirelet and similar finial on apex of roof at east end.INTERIOR not inspected.(Beecham KJ:History of Cirencester and the Roman City Corinium:1887-).

Listing NGR: SP0142201213

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 365207

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Beecham, K J , History of Cirencester and the Roman City of Corinium, (1887)

End of official listing