TABERNACLE (NEW LIFE CHRISTIAN CENTRE), FORECOURT WALLS AND RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1206338
Date first listed:
18-Jul-1994
Statutory Address:
TABERNACLE (NEW LIFE CHRISTIAN CENTRE), FORECOURT WALLS AND RAILINGS, NEW STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of TABERNACLE (NEW LIFE CHRISTIAN CENTRE), FORECOURT WALLS AND RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1206338.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2019 at 11:21:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
TABERNACLE (NEW LIFE CHRISTIAN CENTRE), FORECOURT WALLS AND RAILINGS, NEW STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Penryn
National Grid Reference:
SW 78602 34412

Details

PENRYN

SW7834SE NEW STREET 580-1/6/128 (West side) Tabernacle (New Life Christian Centre), forecourt walls and railings

GV II

Congregational chapel, now hall. 1805 on site of former house. Granite ashlar front; hipped grouted scantle slate roof. Rectangular aisle-less plan. Classical style. 2-storey 3-bay 3-window front. Round arches over mid-floor sashes with glazing bars and central 1st-floor fixed light (all with margin panes) over elliptically-arched doorway with original pair of 3-panel doors, with top 4 panels later glazed. INTERIOR not inspected but likely to be of interest. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: low elvan-coped elvan ashlar forecourt wall with wrought iron railings. Contributes to a good C18 street. (Roddis R J: Penryn, The History of an Ancient Cornish Borough: Penryn: 1964-: 149, 150; Ball R: Congregationalism in Cornwall: London: 1955-: 29).

Listing NGR: SW7860234412

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
365807
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Ball, R , Congregationalism in Cornwall, (1955), 29
Roddis, R J, Penryn The History of an Ancient Cornish Borough Penryn, (1964)
Roddis, R J, Penryn The History of an Ancient Cornish Borough Penryn, (1964), 149, 150

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 May 2004
Reference: IOE01/12407/33
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Malcolm Osman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email EnrichingT[email protected].