HAYMORE FARMHOUSE AND MILL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1208057
Date first listed:
06-Sep-1974
Statutory Address:
HAYMORE FARMHOUSE AND MILL, BROADSHARD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HAYMORE FARMHOUSE AND MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1208057 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 14:52:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
HAYMORE FARMHOUSE AND MILL, BROADSHARD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Crewkerne
National Grid Reference:
ST 44096 10939

Details

CREWKERNE

ST4410 BROADSHARD ROAD 876-1/5/24 (West side) 06/09/74 Haymore Farmhouse and mill

GV II

Farmhouse and mill. Mid C19. MATERIALS: the house is limestone ashlar with Ham Hill stone dressings, quoins, moulded plinth, coping, ridge and gabled and moulded kneelers; slate roof with brick stack to inside of right gable end. Double-depth plan. EXTERIOR: Domestic Tudor Revival style. 2 storeys; symmetrical 3-window range. Label moulds to all windows which are 3-light casements with hollow-moulded mullions and transoms and cast-iron lattice glazing bars. The planked and studded door is set in a Tudor arch with mouchettes to the sunken spandrels. Attached to the left is a former water mill of coursed limestone rubble with a slate roof and stepped stone coping to the left gable end. 2 storeys; 2-window range. All openings are plain chamfered architraves; to the right are planked doors to both floors, that to the ground floor is a stable door, in two halves. Windows are 3-light leaded casements except that to the inside left on the ground floor which is 2-light. To the far left is a wide opening with a new wooden lintel, the former wheel housing. INTERIOR not inspected. A mill stood on this site from at least the C16, it was recorded as a water grist mill in 1704 and it was known as Haymore Mill from 1719.

Listing NGR: ST4409610939

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
390303
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 May 2004
Reference: IOE01/12354/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Duncan Miller. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].