CHESHIRE HUNT KENNELS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1227791
Date first listed:
18-Jul-1986
Statutory Address:
CHESHIRE HUNT KENNELS, KENNEL LANE

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1227791.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2020 at 01:18:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHESHIRE HUNT KENNELS, KENNEL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Cuddington
National Grid Reference:
SJ 59826 69909

Details

CUDDIWGTON C.P. KENNEL LANE SJ 56 NE (West Side) Sandiway 5/24 Cheshire Hunt Kennels - GV II

Kennels, mash house and drawyard: dated 1834 by John Douglas Snr. for the Cheshire Hunt, renovated 1964. Flemish bond red brick, Welsh slate and sheeting roof. Internal partitions of ashlar iced sandstone and iron railings. Kennel enclosure forms a square of high stone-coped brick walls with chamfered buttresses. There are brick buildings of 1 and 2-storeysalong the north and west sides, housing the hounds and the boiler room. One carries a stone plaque reading:

These Kennels were built by the Subscribers to the Cheshire Hounds AD 1834 Sir H M Mainwaring Bart. Manager Joseph Maiden Huntsman John Douglas Architect

The remainder of the enclosure is divided into paddocks by stone walls standing cl.20m high carrying stout iron spear railings of similar height. At intervals are brackets on stone buttresses. Heavy wooden board doors give access. Plaque inside main door records renovation.

Listing NGR: SJ5982669909

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
402243
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Dec 2005
Reference: IOE01/14325/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr R.G. Noxon. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].