THE LINNET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1251291

Date first listed: 29-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: THE LINNET, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE LINNET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251291 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Sep-2018 at 15:50:01.

Location

Statutory Address: THE LINNET, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Great Hinton

National Grid Reference: ST9070759013

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 95 NW 7/109

GREAT HINTON MAIN STREET (north side) The Linnet

GV II

Inn with former brewhouse. Mid C18 inn, brewhouse dated 1816, mid C19 alterations. English garden wall bond brick, asbestos slate roof, brick stacks. Two-storey, 4-window main range. Planked central door with flat stone hood on brackets, beaded architrave, 16-pane sash and a second door with stone hood to right, 16-pane sash and 12-pane fixed window to left, 16-pane sash to left of straight joint. First floor has three 2-light cyma-mullioned casements, 2-light casement to left hand added bay, eaves raised C19. Right return rebuilt mid C19 in Flemish bond brick, 16-pane sash and segmental-headed sashes to ground and first floors, pierced decorative barge boards to gable end. Former brewhouse attached to left of front has central planked door, segmental- headed 2-light mullioned window either side and three to first floor, all with small-paned cast-iron windows, 1816 datestone on right gable end of mansard roof, rear has similar 2-light segmental-headed mullioned windows. Interior of inn altered, but retains chamfered beams.

Listing NGR: ST9070759013

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 433953

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing