UPTON COURT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1251585

Date first listed: 29-Sep-1950

Statutory Address: UPTON COURT, UPTON COURT ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of UPTON COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251585 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 01:33:02.

Location

Statutory Address: UPTON COURT, UPTON COURT ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Slough (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SU 98037 79058

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 97 NE SLOUGH UPTON COURT ROAD (south side)

4/11 Upton Court 29.9.50 G.V. II*

House. Circa 1370 with right-hand cross wing of circa 1425, C17 cross wing to left, and extensive late C19 alterations and additions. Timber framed with later rendering and planted timbers, and later rendered brick additions with some planted timbers. Hipped old tile roof. Former aisled open hall of 3 framed bays with later inserted floor, cross wing off-centre to right of 3 framed bays, later gabled cross wing to left of 2 framed bays with catslide over outshot to left, and central projecting gabled porch. 1 storey and attics and 2 storeys. East front: decorated barge boards and hipped dormer off-centre to left with diamond leaded casements. End stack to right, 2 end stacks to left, and central ridge stack. Scattered C19 leaded casements. Central porch with jettied first floor, first floor leaded casement, and glazed door beneath with moulded architrave. Glazed doors to left and right with moulded four- centered arched surrounds. Interior: fine large frame including 2 original arched doorways between screens passage and service end, and crown post roof in right-hand cross wing braced in 4 directions with chamfered timbers. Fittings include: panelling, doors, and stained glass dated 1667. V.C.H. (Bucks), Vol.3, p.314; B.O.E. (Bucks), p.240; The History of Slough, Maxwell Fraser, Slough Corporation, 1973, p.143.

Listing NGR: SU9803779058

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 434073

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Maxwell, F, The History of Slough, (1973), 143
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Buckingham, (1908), 314
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Buckinghamshire, (1960), 240

End of official listing