ST ANDREWS CHURCH HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1252702
Date first listed:
02-Aug-1990
Date of most recent amendment:
31-Jul-1993
Statutory Address:
ST ANDREWS CHURCH HALL, CHURCH GARDENS
Statutory Address:
ST ANDREWS CHURCH HALL, HARROW ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST ANDREWS CHURCH HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252702 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 13:51:59.

Location

Statutory Address:
ST ANDREWS CHURCH HALL, CHURCH GARDENS
Statutory Address:
ST ANDREWS CHURCH HALL, HARROW ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Brent (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 16302 85764

Details

ST. ANDREWS AVENUE (west side) St. Andrews Church Hall TQ 1685 /8/3 GV II The address shall be amended and statutory reference added:-

TQ 1685 HARROW ROAD 935/8/3 (north east side) 02/08/90 St. Andrews Church Hall

GV II

TQ 1685 CHURCH GARDENS 935/8/3 (North west side) 02/08/90 St. Andrews Church Hall

See under: St. Andrews Church Hall Harrow Road.

------------------------------------

AVENUE TQ 1685 ST. ANDREW'S AVENUE (West Side) 8/3 St Andrews Church Hall

II GV

Mission church, and caretaker's house now church hall. 1904-5 by Arnold Mitchell. Purple-red brick in Flemish bond; plain tile roof; corniced brick stacks; wood-shingled frame to overhead ridge light. 5 bays in all, comprising 4-bay former church room which incorporates entrance lobby with gallery over at west end and altar recess at east end lit from above; wide 5th bay, at front with projecting gable with attic, formerly with classroom and caretaker's accommodation. In Arts and Crafts style. Small-pane wooden casement windows, of 5 lights to each floor of gabled bay, of 2 lights to church room the 2nd and 4th taller with transoms and breaking eaves under gablets. Stone lozenge to each gable. Ridge light over bay 4. Ridge stack to gabled bay and to rear right. Mid C20 link block at right end not of special interest. Left return (entrance elevation) : projecting central panel below brick relieving arch has 3 stone steps up to round-arched double door with small-paned top lights in splayed red-brick reveal with triple-moulded head and deep cornice. Above door, 3-light window, the central light having fanlight with radial glazing bars. Hipped-roofed canopy at gable apex which formerly housed bell. Interior : church room has barrel-vaulted roof with decorative moulded plaster ribs, bands and panels, and cornice. Stained glass in west window by Mrs Mitchell. Former caretaker's house has panelled doors, and a fireplace with husk -decorated surround and fitted key-cupboard above.

Listing NGR: TQ1630285764

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
198798
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/01011/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ian G Stokes. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email EnrichingTh[email protected].