RICHMOND CHUBB MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 3 METRES SOUTH OF VESTRY, CHURCH OF ST CATHERINE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253702
Date first listed:
27-Oct-1987
Statutory Address:
RICHMOND CHUBB MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 3 METRES SOUTH OF VESTRY, CHURCH OF ST CATHERINE, MIDDLE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of RICHMOND CHUBB MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 3 METRES SOUTH OF VESTRY, CHURCH OF ST CATHERINE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253702 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 14:25:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
RICHMOND CHUBB MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 3 METRES SOUTH OF VESTRY, CHURCH OF ST CATHERINE, MIDDLE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Montacute
National Grid Reference:
ST 49682 16938

Details

ST4916 MONTACUTE CP MIDDLE STREET (South side) 8/161 Richmond-Chubb monument in churchyard, about 3 m south of vestry, Church of St. Catherine - GV II Commemorative monument. Early C19. Ham stone. In a Gothic style. Stepped base, moulded plinth; main bulk of monument square on plan with corner buttresses, with traceried gables to each face with crocketting; on top a square block with the lamb and cross of St John. Commemorates Mary Chubb, died 1845; and others including the children of James Richmond, died 1904; and August Matilda Chubb, died 1915.

Listing NGR: ST4968216938

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436992
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Jun 2004
Reference: IOE01/11670/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Jeremy Gray. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].