THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1254208
Date first listed:
07-Dec-1987
Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, MAIN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254208.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2019 at 20:46:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, MAIN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
North Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Leasingham
National Grid Reference:
TF 05686 47954

Details

LEASINGHAM MAIN ROAD TF 04 NE (north side) 8/40 The Old Rectory - II House, now divided into 2 dwellings. C18, enlarged 1846 addition of 1889. Coursed limestone rubble and white bricks with ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with ashlar coped gables with kneelers and gable finials. Various ashlar moulded chimneys in sets of diamond stacks. Ashlar corbelled eaves, and chamfered ashlar plinth, plus ashlar quoins. 2 storey plus attics. East, entrance front, 3 bays. Central doorway, with projecting ashlar porch, reached by 2 flights of 3 steps each, with solid ashlar side walls with ashlar coping, terminated in octagonal piers with ashlar tops and bases. Chamfered arched opening with crow stepped gable above with coping, inner four panelled door with side lights and overlight within a four centred arch. Either side are single, 2 light chamfered mullion windows with Tudor hoods. Above a single light similar window, flanked by single similar 2 light glazing bar sashes. Above again to the left a single narrow lancet. To the right is a wing added in 1889, with similar fenestration. South front, 3 bays, with to the left in a chamfered surround a pair of margin light glazed doors. To the right 2, 2 light margin light sashes in chamfered mullion surrounds. All these openings have Tudor hoods. Above 3, 2 light glazing bar sashes in chamfered mullion surrounds, with above again, to the left, a single narrow lancet. The west front, has a tall 3 bay block to the south, with 3 pairs of margin light, glazed double doors in chamfered surrounds under Tudor hoods. Above 3, 2 light glazing bar sashes in chamfered mullion surrounds, with above the outer windows single small gables each decorated with a shield. Set back to the north is an earlier and lower block of 2 bays with a taller single bay cross wing beyond. A central 3 light casement flanked by 2 light casements, with above a central pair of glazed double doors, flanked by single 2 light casements. Above again to the left is a single light casement in the cross wing gable.

Listing NGR: TF0568647954

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
437638
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/05651/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Terence G. Onyon. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].