FULLBRIDGE HOUSE, BOUNDARY WALLS AND REAR YARD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1257023

Date first listed: 02-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 08-Oct-1996

Statutory Address: FULLBRIDGE HOUSE, BOUNDARY WALLS AND REAR YARD, FULLBRIDGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FULLBRIDGE HOUSE, BOUNDARY WALLS AND REAR YARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257023 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 17:41:51.

Location

Statutory Address: FULLBRIDGE HOUSE, BOUNDARY WALLS AND REAR YARD, FULLBRIDGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Maldon (District Authority)

Parish: Maldon

National Grid Reference: TL 85105 07423

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MALDON

TL8507SW FULLBRIDGE 574-1/7/35 (South East side) 02/10/51 Fullbridge House, boundary walls and rear yard (Formerly Listed as: FULLBRIDGE (East side) Fulbridge House) (Formerly Listed as: FULLBRIDGE (East side) Garden wall to North West of Fullbridge House)

GV II

Large house. 1827 with earlier origins. Gault brick, red brick and render with plain tile roofs. Largely of 3 storeys, but with single-storey ancillary blocks. Of L-plan form with entrance facade at right-angles to street. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys; 3-window range. South-west, entrance, elevation is of yellow Gault brick with plain parapet and plain tile roof, hipped to south-west and gabled to north-east with end stack. The main part has brick cornice below parapet and a 12-pane sash window either side of a 9-pane similar window. Row of iron tie-bar discs above window heads. The 1st floor has a wide tripartite, small-paned sash and 2 decorative cast-iron oval tie plates. All windows have rubbed brick flat arches. String band above ground floor which has central semicircular-arched entrance with stucco keystone and impost blocks; thin fluted pilasters and radial pattern fanlight. Recessed pair of doors of 2 moulded panels over 2 flush panels and panelled reveals. Either side are square, flat-roofed bay windows each of 2 linked small-paned sashes. To the south-west of this is a recessed 2-storey block with plain parapet, similar detail and a wide small-paned tripartite sash on each floor. In the angle between blocks is a single-storey flat-roofed porch. To the south-west again is a single-storey matching block with plain parapet and 12-pane sash on front elevation. The exposed flank is canted and curves down in short steps to red brick part at rear. The roof of this block is of slate and is of lean-to form concealed by front and flank parapets. The north-west roadside elevation is similar in detail to others but is of a pink-tinged Gault brick. It is of 2 parts with a step forward, one-third of its length. The recessed

southernmost part has, on the 2nd floor, 2 blind recesses with orange gauged brick arches. The 1st floor has two 12-pane sashes and the ground floor 2 blind recesses. The projecting part, has on the 2nd floor, 3 small-paned casements and 1st and ground floors have three 12-pane double-hung sash windows. The roof is of hipped M form with lead hips and ridge and a large, part red and part Gault brick stack rises behind north-west parapet. The north-east elevation has flanking brick pilasters, a parapet and a square 16-pane sash on 2nd floor. The 1st floor has a blind recess and the ground floor a canted small-paned bay window with reeded angles, set in red brick wall. The boundary wall to the street linked to this part of the complex, curves down from point of abutment and is of red brick, rebuilt on new alignment on its north-east end. The rear (south-east) part of this range has a plain parapet and is of red brick with a 16-pane sash on 2nd floor. The 1st floor has a 12-pane and a 16-pane sash and stone plaque inscribed 'REBUILT 1827'. The rear elevation, behind the entrance front, is of 2 storeys with extensive plain tile roof. This is of 2 phases of red brick with grey headers and has orderly pattern of small-paned casements and sashes. A doorcase has hood on consoles. At roof level are 2 rendered and linked gabled blocks and a red brick, flat-roofed projecting block has a part-buried doorcase with reeded pilaster and frieze and radial motif at corner; the door is margin-glazed above 2 flush panels. A yard wall is linked to this part of the building and curves to form L-plan enclosure, linking to adjoining bakehouse building. The yard is paved in yellow paving bricks, on edge and some cobbles. INTERIOR: much period detail including a simple panelled room on ground floor (south-east corner) and a dogleg staircase with stick balusters and shaped tread ends. Recent alteration revealed substantial remains of a C17 or earlier timber-frame within the external walls. Roofs are of typical early C19 king-post construction. The walls were first listed 29/9/71.



Listing NGR: TL8510507423

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 464320

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing