LONGFORD LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1258014
Date first listed:
31-Jan-1997
Statutory Address:
LONGFORD LODGE, 50, PARK ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of LONGFORD LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258014 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-May-2019 at 23:46:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
LONGFORD LODGE, 50, PARK ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
High Peak (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SK 05212 73590

Details

BUXTON

SK07SE PARK ROAD, The Park 616-1/2/115 No.50 Longford Lodge

II

House. 1894 by Barry Parker. Coursed rock-faced millstone grit, with ashlar dressings. Welsh slate roof and stone stacks. EXTERIOR: 2 storey plus attics. Chamfered plinth. Irregular 3 window entrance front, with projecting gabled single window to left. Central projecting wooden porch, reached up 4 stone steps. Tudor arched 4-panel door with glazing bar overlight, topped with flat overhanging roof finished with square latticed balustrade. Above single 3-light cross casement to right. Left wing has 3-light cross casement, above a single light corner window and in the gable a single plain sash. Garden front has projecting wing to right with very unusual, canted and square bay window projecting across the across this junction, with a 3- and a 4-light cross casements. Above to left a stone oriel window supported on 3 brackets with 4-light cross casement, and then a 3-light through eaves gabled dormer window. Right corner has 2 storey square bay window are across the corner with 2 pairs of cross casements to each floor. Left return has single cross casement and hipped single storey projection. Blank first floor and above a plain sash in right gable and a small through eaves gabled dormer to left. INTERIOR: not inspected. HISTORY: this house was one of 3 originally built by Barry Parker in The Park. Of the other two, Strachur (not included) has been altered and Moorland has been demolished. They are believed to have featured in "Our Homes" (1895) by B Parker, and also in "Art of Building a Home" 1901 (Parker and Unwin). (The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Derbyshire: Harmondsworth: 1953-1986: 116; Parker B: Our Homes: 1895-; Parker B: The Art of Building a Home: 1901-).



Listing NGR: SK0521273590

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
463197
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Parker, , Unwin, , The Art of Building a House, (1901)
Parker, B, Our Homes, (1895)
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Derbyshire, (1953), 116

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].