ST MARTIN'S VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1258210
Date first listed:
08-Jun-1973
Date of most recent amendment:
10-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
ST MARTIN'S VICARAGE, CRAVEN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST MARTIN'S VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258210.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2019 at 09:40:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
ST MARTIN'S VICARAGE, CRAVEN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Scarborough (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TA 04185 87715

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 03/10/2012

TA 0487 6/190 1605

CRAVEN STREET St Martin's Vicarage

(Formerly listed as St Martin's Vicarage, Craven Road)

II*

By G F Bodley associated with his St Martin's Church but entirely in red brick Norman Shaw Queen Anne style. Fine example of the manner circa 1863 but probably later as there is glass by Kempe of 1889 inside. 2 storeys and attic with gable end tiled roof with corniced and diagonal set paired chimney stacks. Close set tall flush framed sash windows set in 3 slight projections, with pediments over 1st floor, continued up through eaves to attics with gables. over. Brick string over ground floor. Door set in very slight projection with carved panel set over and steep brick pediment set high above.

Listing NGR: TA0418587715

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
444566
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Mar 2002
Reference: IOE01/05783/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Turner. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].