THE RED HOUSE AT EASTWELL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1258775

Date first listed: 19-Mar-1962

Date of most recent amendment: 03-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: THE RED HOUSE AT EASTWELL HOUSE, EASTWELL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE RED HOUSE AT EASTWELL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258775 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 13:32:16.

Location

Statutory Address: THE RED HOUSE AT EASTWELL HOUSE, EASTWELL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Potterne

National Grid Reference: ST 99358 58004

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 9958 POTTERNE EASTWELL ROAD

14/135 The Red House at Eastwell House 19.3.62 (formerly listed as Garden House)

GV II*

Garden building, c1700, red brick with banded plain tile hipped roof. Two storeys with rubbed brick rusticated quoins and timber moulded eaves cornice. Windows in timber bolection-moulded surrounds. South end wall has two 18-pane sashes each floor. West side has 3-window range, centre 8-panel door in bolection- moulded surround with later pedimental hood, blank panels to left and right, that to left with moulded surround. First floor has blank panel to left and two blocked windows with bolection-moulded surrounds. East side ground floor is obscured, first floor three blocked windows with bolection surrounds. Brick work is English bond, mostly chequered but with red brick sides to windows. North end stack. The house is said to have been built for the orphan children of Henry Baynton of Spye Park, wards of the Grubbe family 1691-1716.

Listing NGR: ST9935858004

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 445661

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing