HOUSE ATTACHED TO EAST GABLE OF SOUTH BARROW METHODIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1258999
Date first listed:
06-Mar-1986
Statutory Address:
HOUSE ATTACHED TO EAST GABLE OF SOUTH BARROW METHODIST CHAPEL, CHAPEL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOUSE ATTACHED TO EAST GABLE OF SOUTH BARROW METHODIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258999.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2019 at 12:35:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
HOUSE ATTACHED TO EAST GABLE OF SOUTH BARROW METHODIST CHAPEL, CHAPEL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
South Barrow
National Grid Reference:
ST6014927822

Details

ST62NW 4/138

SOUTH BARROW CP CHAPEL LANE House attached to east gable of South Barrow Methodist Chapel

GV II

House in row. Early C19. Local grey lias stone cut and squared, brick west gable; double Roman clay tiled roof with plain gables; brick end chimney stacks. Three storeys, 2 bays. Plinth: 16-pane sash windows to ground and first floors, and small-pane 2-light casements to second; between bays a panelled door with rectangular toplight; thin lias stone lintols to all openings; above the door a plaque apparently bearing the date 1860, but the house must predate the 1857 Methodist Chapel of west gable (qv), and the later date suggests sole refronting. Later lean-to extension at rear. Interior not seen.

Listing NGR: ST6014927822

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
445800
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Oct 2003
Reference: IOE01/11302/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Barker. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].