BARN SOUTHEAST OF LANE TOP FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1301152
Date first listed:
04-May-1989
Statutory Address:
BARN SOUTHEAST OF LANE TOP FARMHOUSE, VILLAGE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN SOUTHEAST OF LANE TOP FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301152 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 20:13:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARN SOUTHEAST OF LANE TOP FARMHOUSE, VILLAGE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Craven (District Authority)
Parish:
Arncliffe
National Park:
YORKSHIRE DALES
National Grid Reference:
SD 93223 71823

Details

SD 9271 - 9371 ARNCLIFFE VILLAGE GREEN (north side)

22/11 Barn southeast of Lane Top Farmhouse.

GV II

Barn and byre range. Dated 1677, C18 additions and re-roofing. Limestone rubble, graduated stone slate roof. 3-bay barn, added 2-bay stable or byre range to left. Barn: central double board doors to cart entrance under porch with slightly lower pent roof; to the left, a byre door with chamfered long and short quoins, plain lintel, stone plaque with relief lettering "1677" and above it a square opening with chamfered surround. TFA Added bays: 2 plain doorways with slight lintels; one door with quoined jambs; square openings to right and below eaves, both with slight stone dressings. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SD9322371823

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
324598
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/10342/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Nigel Wood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].