LADY ARBOUR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1301625

Date first listed: 19-Aug-1953

Statutory Address: LADY ARBOUR FARMHOUSE, OFF A4111

Map

Ordnance survey map of LADY ARBOUR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301625 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 16:42:56.

Location

Statutory Address: LADY ARBOUR FARMHOUSE, OFF A4111

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Eardisley

National Grid Reference: SO3070148361

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EARDISLEY CP SO 34 NW 6/44 19.8.53

off A 411 (west side)

Lady Arbour Farmhouse

GV II

Farmhouse. Late C17, altered mid-C19 and mid-C20. Rubble with hipped stone tiled roof and swept, overhanging bracketed eaves. Roof re-tiled circa 1940 and brick stack to main ridge rebuilt. There are also original rubble end chimneys which have handmade brick stacks and segmental-arched blind arcading with impost bands. Two storeys, attic with dormer and cellar. Four bays. Windows have C19 ashlar sills, ground floor windows have C19 hoodmoulds with returns. Windows on main storeys are all of mullion and transom type, some with original solid frames; the window in the third bay of the ground floor has been replaced with a 3-light casement. Central hipped- roofed dormer with 2-light casement. Main entrance in second bay has a C19 gabled painted brick porch with a four-centred archway, double doors and, within, an original C17 door. At the left end is a single-storey and attic service wing of five bays. There is a small area of timber-framing with brick infill in the front elevation. The fenestration is irregular and has largely inserted C20 casements. There is also a C20 gabled timber porch. At the rear left end is a two-bay rubble wing, the lower part of the walls is C17 or earlier. Adjoining the right end of the main house is a three-bay single-storey converted pigsty. It has two 2-light C20 casements and a door in its front elevation. Interior: timber-framed internal walling survives with rendered infill. Main ceiling beams are stop-chamfered. Some original panelling and doors retained, also original dog-leg staircase with moulded handrail and square moulded newels. The house was built on an E-plan, the central rear wing housing the staircase; the space between the wings has since been filled in, probably during-the C19. (RCHM, III, p 56, item 59).

Listing NGR: SO3070148361

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 150598

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 56

End of official listing