THE OLD FORGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1303289
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1952
Statutory Address:
THE OLD FORGE, WEST END

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD FORGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303289 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 22:09:07.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD FORGE, WEST END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Northleach with Eastington
National Grid Reference:
SP 11229 14734

Details

NORTHLEACH WITH WEST END SP 1114 EASTINGTON (north side) 8/145 The Old Forge 23.1.52 GV II

House at end of row. Late C16, early C17. Roughly coursed limestone with strap pointing, jettied first floor with two timber uprights visible, stone slate roof, brick stacks. Rectangular plan at right-angles to street. Street front dated and initialled 'J.S. 1888', not of special interest. Garage and store at gable end away from road not of special interest. Main body; 2-storeys. Nine- metal casements in row with horizontal glazing bars to ground floor. Wood mullions at intervals between casements. Large finely dressed stone blocks below window. Moulded stone incorporated in wall upper left. C20 door with glazing bars right. Two-light C20 metal casement with glazing bars right of door. Spine beam and C17 fireplace with roll-moulded surround.

Listing NGR: SP1123314736

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
130582
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Feb 2003
Reference: IOE01/09981/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].