BANKSIDE, THE SILK MILL AND THE GRANARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304362
Date first listed:
26-Aug-1983
Statutory Address:
BANKSIDE, THE SILK MILL AND THE GRANARY, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of BANKSIDE, THE SILK MILL AND THE GRANARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304362 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 05:32:06.

Location

Statutory Address:
BANKSIDE, THE SILK MILL AND THE GRANARY, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Blockley
National Grid Reference:
SP 16314 34811

Details

SP 1634 NW 9/95 BLOCKLEY HIGH STREET (North-West side)

Bankside, The Silk Mill and The Granary GV II

Circa 1800 remodelling of C17 houses. Two storey and attic, ashlar with slate roof. Coped verges. Four gabled dormers. Four windows, glazing bar sashes. Outer late C19 bays on ground floor, half-glazed doors to right of centre with traceried overlight; full doorcase to left of centre, half-glazed doors with single arched fanlight, side piers have fluted capping, raised panel for fanlight with modillion cornice over. Contemporary cast-iron railings to path outside each bay: arcaded pattern with studded top rails: outer ends ramped up to wall.

Long circa 1700 range to south-west (rear) with mullioned and mullion and transom windows, modernised and converted into The Silk Mill. Shorter 3 storey range to north-west in squared rubble, chamfered eaves and 2 windows on 2nd floor (3-light mullion type) - now converted into The Granary.

Listing NGR: SP1631434811

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
126796
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Jun 2003
Reference: IOE01/10859/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Helmut Schulenburg. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].