PAIR OF ADJOINING BARNS AND ADJOINING STABLE CIRCA 25 METRES NORTH WEST OF CALCOT FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1304645

Date first listed: 23-Jan-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 12-Feb-1988

Statutory Address: PAIR OF ADJOINING BARNS AND ADJOINING STABLE CIRCA 25 METRES NORTH WEST OF CALCOT FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PAIR OF ADJOINING BARNS AND ADJOINING STABLE CIRCA 25 METRES NORTH WEST OF CALCOT FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304645 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 07:42:14.

Location

Statutory Address: PAIR OF ADJOINING BARNS AND ADJOINING STABLE CIRCA 25 METRES NORTH WEST OF CALCOT FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Coln St. Dennis

National Grid Reference: SP0894510171

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

COLN ST DENNIS CALCOT SP 0810-0910 14/116 Pair of adjoining barns and adjoin- ing stable c25m north-west of Calcot 23.1.52 Farmhouse (formerly listed as Barns immediately North West of Cottage owned by H.T. Beak)

GV II

Pair of contemporary adjoining barns and stable. Barn at east end of the range dated and initialled 'A R / 1739' on datestone on the porch gable. Random roughly squared limestone with dressed stone quoins; stone slate roof. Long rectangular range with a single projecting porch on the south-east side of both barns; single lean to extension to the right of both porches. Stableblock at the south-west gable end. Double plank doors to the projecting porches double-width doorways, one now blocked opposite pitching window to the north-east gable end; square ventilation holes. Stable: 1 1/2 storeys, formerly with three open-fronted bays with timber lintels all now blocked with C20 stable doors and casements inserted in the blocking. Stone steps to the right up to a plank door with an early thumb latch. Flat coping to barn gables. Interior of barn with gable-end to road: 5 bays with the original roof trusses with collar and tie beams, C20 rafters and purlins. Dividing wall between the latter and the adjoining 4-bay barn which also retains the original collar and tie beam roof trusses but with C20 purlins and rafters. This building lies on an elevated site and is particularly prominent when viewed from the lane to the north.

Listing NGR: SP0894510171

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 131141

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing