GATEPIERS AND QUADRANT ENTRANCE WALL TO BURDOCKS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1305024
Date first listed:
09-Mar-1982
Statutory Address:
GATEPIERS AND QUADRANT ENTRANCE WALL TO BURDOCKS, MARSTON MAISEY LANE, FAIRFORD, GL7 4BT

Map

Ordnance survey map of GATEPIERS AND QUADRANT ENTRANCE WALL TO BURDOCKS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305024 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 11:31:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
GATEPIERS AND QUADRANT ENTRANCE WALL TO BURDOCKS, MARSTON MAISEY LANE, FAIRFORD, GL7 4BT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Fairford
National Grid Reference:
SP1440000376

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 16/03/2016

SP 1400-1500 14/199

FAIRFORD MARSTON MAISEY LANE (east side) Gatepiers and Quadrant Entrance Wall to Burdocks

(Formerly listed as Gatepiers and Quadrant Entrance Wall to Claremont House)

9.3.82

GV II Gatepiers and flanking walls up to junction with higher square piers on both sides. Square coursed rubble piers with ashlar bands, moulded cornice and gadrooned ball finials, total height about 3m. Flanking coursed rubble walls with sloped coping with straight sections curving forward in quadrant shape to join perimeter walls. About 1.20m high, total length along roadside about 16m.

Listing NGR: SP1440000376

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
129756
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Mar 2006
Reference: IOE01/15241/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].