This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

FORMER STABLE BLOCK 100 METRES WEST OF BRADFIELD HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FORMER STABLE BLOCK 100 METRES WEST OF BRADFIELD HOUSE

List entry Number: 1306231

Location

FORMER STABLE BLOCK 100 METRES WEST OF BRADFIELD HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: Mid Devon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Uffculme

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Apr-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 95778

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 19/02/2015

ST OO NE 8/123

UFFCULME, Former stable block 100 metres west of Bradfield House

(Formerly listed as Former stable block 100 metres west of Bradfield Park)

II

Former stable block, now accommodation. 1871, probably by John Hayward. Random rubble limestone, gable end slate roof. L-shaped range (originally part of a courtyard now otherwise substantially altered); the short limb of the range is a tower with Rhenish cap, the stone clock face dated 1871; coping corbelled; external stack to right-hand side. 2-light 1st floor window. Carriage entrance blocked with 2-light stone window inserted. The longer limb is now a single storey range of accommodation, originally containing horse boxes and tack room. 2 half dormers, one with heavy stone coping, the other with overhanging bargeboarded gables, the windows of 2 lights, and serving former grooms' quarters. 2 doors, one set in a re-used vehicle entrance.

Listing NGR: ST0503601002

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST0503610002

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306231 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2018 at 03:58:02.

End of official listing