LITTLE BARDFIELD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1306283
Date first listed:
07-Feb-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
07-Mar-1952
Statutory Address:
LITTLE BARDFIELD HALL, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LITTLE BARDFIELD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306283 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 05:16:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
LITTLE BARDFIELD HALL, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Essex
District:
Uttlesford (District Authority)
Parish:
Little Bardfield
National Grid Reference:
TL 65506 30719

Details

TL 63 SE LITTLE BARDFIELD THE STREET (north side)

2/19 Little Bardfield Hall 7.2.52 GV II

Manor house. C16 or earlier origin with later alterations and additions including circa 1925 Tudor facade and early features from elsewhere. Timber framed and plastered with circa 1925 pargetting. 2 red brick chimney stacks with square attached shafts. Symmetrical. 2 storeys and attics. Central 2 storey and attic porch, left and right gabled crosswings. Jetties to apexes, gables and first floors. Left and right gabled dormers to main range. 1:1:1:1:1 attic windows, 1:1:1:1:1 first floor range, 1:1:0:2:2 ground floor range of 2, 3 or 4 light windows with mullions and transoms, all square leaded. Those to gable first floors, bowed oriels with parget panels under. A pargetted band below first floor windows and to gables. Old carved brackets to porch. Jetty from elsewhere. Nailed 3 board door with central rail and muntins. Rainwater head dated 1634. To the right is an attached gabled single storey range with a bay window. Various ranges to rear. Heavy exposed timber frame internally and many features from elsehwere including late C16 splat staircase, fireplace dated 1580 etc. RCHM 2.

Listing NGR: TL6550630719

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
121143
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].