CHURCH OF ST MARTIN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307095

Date first listed: 09-Mar-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARTIN, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARTIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307095 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 22:01:19.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARTIN, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Withcall

National Grid Reference: TF 28405 84068

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WITHCALL CHURCH LANE TF 28 SE 10/50 Church of St. Martin 9.3.67 G.V. II

Parish church. 1882 by Sir Arthur Blomfield in Early English style. Square ironstone rubble with limestone ashlar dressings, plain tiled roofs. Nave with eastern bellcote, chancel, south porch, vestry. At the west end is a pair of lancets with sexfoil over, united under a pointed arch. The north wall of the nave has 5 lancets and over the east gable is a single gabled bellcote decorated with gablettes and cusped headed arches. In the chancel north wall are a single and pair of lancets with trefoil over. The east wall has stepped triple lancets with common moulded hood. Below is a foundation stone laid by Nathaniel Clayton in 1882. In the chancel south wall a pair of lancets matching those to the north and another pair in the south wall of the vestry. The south nave wall has 4 lancets and a gabled south porch with moulded outer doorway and a niche over containing a statue of St. Martin. The inner doorway has convex chamfered surround and moulded over arch dying into the reveals. Interior. Double chamfered chancel arch, dying to the reveals. On the south side of the chancel, a double chamfered arch opens into the vestry. Also on the south side is a sedilia and in the east wall is a moulded and shafted rear arch to the window. All fittings are C19 apart from the C14 octagonal font bowl, decorated with quatrefoils and shields. The east and west windows have stained glass c.1915.

Listing NGR: TF2840584068

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195302

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing