THE OLD HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1309285

Date first listed: 30-Sep-1985

Statutory Address: THE OLD HOUSE, 7, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309285 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 09:13:11.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD HOUSE, 7, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Little Abington

National Grid Reference: TL 53399 49133

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 5249 LITTLE ABINGTON HIGH STREET (North-East Side)

9/42 No. 7 (The Old House)

GV II

House. C16, altered in late C18 with C19 additions to rear. Timber-framed and roughcast rendered. Hipped plain tiled roof with gablets. Central, square planned ridge stack and end stack. Two storeys and attics; original building with main range to east of four timber-framed bays find cross wing to west of three timber-framed bays, refronted in late C18. Four first floor flush-framed, twelve-paned hung sash windows; two similar windows flank half-glazed panelled door with shouldered architraved doorcase and shallow hood on shaped brackets, bay window to left hand with transomed casements. Interior: Largely Cl9 with exposed stop-chamfered ceiling beams. An inscribed stone slab in the grounds is situated near the site where the remains of the Lagden family were reinterred on 25 June 1948 after a bomb had destroyed their original graves near the river.

V.C.H., Vol. VI, p9 Sale Catalogue 1951

Listing NGR: TL5339949133

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 52023

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 9
Other
Sale Catalogue for Number 7 High Street Little Abington, (1951)

End of official listing