WATER RUN FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352035

Date first listed: 26-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: WATER RUN FARMHOUSE, BLACKSMITHS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WATER RUN FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352035 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 02:39:43.

Location

Statutory Address: WATER RUN FARMHOUSE, BLACKSMITHS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Stonham Earl

National Grid Reference: TM 09708 60483

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EARL STONHAM BLACKSMITH'S LANE TM 06 SE 1/84 - Water Run Farmhouse - II

Former farmhouse; circa 1600, incorporating part of a late C15 or early C16 house. 2 storeys. 3-cell cross-passage entrance plan. Timber-framed and plastered. Thatched roof with axial chimney of red brick. C19 and C20 small- pane casements. Boarded entrance door. To left is a substantial 2-bay C15 solar cross-wing with massive framing: arch-braced studwork with a blocked diamond-mullioned window and evidence for others with square mullions. Very heavy unchamfered upper floor joists. A blocked doorway, formerly with an arched head, led into a hall once standing to left of the present house. A strongly cambered arch-braced tie-beam at the open truss. The roof was of coupled-rafter form until replaced with a butt-purlin roof in C18. The front gable of the wing was originally jettied. Circa 1600, new hall and parlour cells were built with good plain framing; close-studding and side-purlin roof. The earlier wing then became the service cell; in C18 the coupled-rafter roof was replaced by a butt-purlin roof in line with the main range.

Listing NGR: TM0970860483

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 279333

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing