PANTILES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352338

Date first listed: 18-Apr-1988

Statutory Address: PANTILES

Map

Ordnance survey map of PANTILES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352338 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 23:56:07.

Location

Statutory Address: PANTILES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Rattlesden

National Grid Reference: TL 97246 56572

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

RATTLESDEN HIGH TOWN GREEN TL 95 NE 3/95 Pantiles - - II House, C15 with alterations of late C16 and late C18. The hall and service cells of a 3-cell open hall house. 2 storeys (until c.1800 of one storey with attics). Timber-framed and plastered; the south gable encased in C19 red brick and the north gable partly weatherboarded. Roman pantiled roof. An axial late C16 or early C17 chimney of red brick. 3-light C18 casements with leaded lights at 1st storey, mid CiO casements below. Pantiled C19/C20 gabled entrance porch with boarded door. A 2-bay open hall, with heavy close- studding of C15 character: at the upper end is a dais beam with a suite of mouldings and bold embattling. The posts remain from the open truss, which has otherwise been removed. One of the service rooms has roughly-formed unchamfered floor joists. In late C16, a wide open fireplace was positioned backing onto the cross-entry (remodelled in C20), and an upper floor of chamfered floor joists inserted in the hall. Circa 1800, the external walls were raised by about a metre and a new roof built at a lower pitch. The parlour cell once standing at the right hand end was also removed.

Listing NGR: TL9724656572

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 280848

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing