WILLIAMS MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1353786
Date first listed:
14-May-1985
Statutory Address:
WILLIAMS MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of WILLIAMS MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1353786 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 17:14:10.

Location

Statutory Address:
WILLIAMS MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
Newcastle-under-Lyme (District Authority)
Parish:
Whitmore
National Grid Reference:
SJ 81001 41024

Details

SJ 84 SW WHITMORE C.P. WHITMORE

6/189 Williams memorial approximately 25m south-west of Church of St Mary and All. Saints

GV II

Chest tomb. C.1835. Sandstone ashlar. Rectangular plan. Moulded plinth and capping, panelled corner pilasters. Moulded inscription panel on south commemorates Richard Williams (died 1834) and the top ledger his wife, Mary (died 1844). Another inscription panel on north illegible at time of re-survey (1984).

Listing NGR: SJ8100141024

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
362735
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Sep 2000
Reference: IOE01/01709/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Clive Shenton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].