FIELD CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH IF ST MARTIN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1356669
Date first listed:
24-Aug-1990
Statutory Address:
FIELD CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH IF ST MARTIN, ASHURST HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of FIELD CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH IF ST MARTIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356669 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 03:58:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
FIELD CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH IF ST MARTIN, ASHURST HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Tunbridge Wells (District Authority)
Parish:
Speldhurst
National Grid Reference:
TQ 51196 39026

Details

TQ 53 NW SPELDHURST ASHURST HILL, ASHURST

7/442 Field chest tomb approx 25m south of the chancel of the Church of St Martin GV II

Chest tomb. Dated 1875 in memory of George and Susan Field. Sandstone ashlar chest tomb. Rectangular in plan with Gothic panelled corner pilasters and panels each side with concave corners. Flat lid with moulded edges, moulded base and plain plinth. The lid is inscribed with plain capitals and records the deaths of George Field in 1875 and his wife Sarah in 1869. Their children and other relations are commemorated in the side panels. Chest tomb fenced by cast iron railings which are simple Gothic arcades with large corner standards with crocketed finials.

Listing NGR: TQ5075738974

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
438507
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Jul 2004
Reference: IOE01/12724/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Neville Broadbent. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].