Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356877

Date first listed: 10-Mar-1999

Statutory Address: 9, YOUNG STREET


Ordnance survey map of 9, YOUNG STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356877 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Jan-2019 at 02:24:24.


Statutory Address: 9, YOUNG STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Kensington and Chelsea (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 25756 79643


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


TQ 2579 NE YOUNG STREET 249/31/10183 No9


Club, offices and living accommodation, originally solicitors office-with shop below. Built in 1905 by Frank Chesterton for the -solicitor Ernest Bird, builders T H Adamson of Putney, with leaded tights provided by Wainwright and Waring and internal plasterwork by G and A Brown Ltd. Arts and Crafts style. Red "Lawrence" bricks with Portland stone dressings and tiled roof with tall end brick and stone stacks. Three storeys attics and basement; two windows. Central gable with leaded light casement flanked by dormers with 12-pane sashes. First and second floors have paired three-light curved bays with mullioned and transomes and leaded lights. End leaded rainwater heads dated 1905. Central wrought iron shopsign. Ground floor has modiltion cornice and left side round-headed doorcase with cornice on brackets and pilasters and 5 deep fielded panels to door with semicircular fanlight. Shopfront has 3 further round -headed openings and three later C20 glazed doors. INTERIOR: tesselated floor to ground floor left. Straight flight staircase with some balusters, first floor hardwood and glazed screen, gated reception area and Bird's office with decorative plasterwork. Residential accommodation above has original features including fireplaces.

Listing NGR: TQ2575679643


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 473116

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing