CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1358570
Date first listed:
07-May-1954
Statutory Address:
CHAPEL, FULHAM PALACE SW6

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358570 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 21:20:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHAPEL, FULHAM PALACE SW6

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Hammersmith and Fulham (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 24021 76096

Details

In the entry for: FULHAM PALACE SW6

TQ 2476 Chapel (formerly listed under Bishops Avenue) 10/33

The description shall be amended to read;

Chapel. 1866, by William Butterfield. English bond red brick with diaper work of blue headers; gabled old tile roof. Aisleless plan. Diagonal corner buttresses and offset buttresses. 3-light Decorated-style east window and 2-light Decorated- style windows to north and south; west end has round quatrefoil Window above 4-light trefoil-headed window. Interior: encaustic tile floor; 1950s plaster ceiling with Perpendicular-style cornice. Original Adoration of Magi reredos reset at west end; original mosaics by Salviati covered over by mural paintings of 1950s by Graham Rust. Gothic-style benches; west window by Clayton and Bell.

------------------------------------

TQ 2476 FULHAM PALACE SW6

10/33

12.5.70 Chapel (Formerly listed under Bishops Avenue)

GV II

1866, William Butterfield. Red brick, with black diaper and stone dressing, buttresses and traceried windows. Aisleless. Interior with arcaded panell- ing and screen.

Listing NGR: TQ2402176096

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
201786
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04345/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Deprez. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].