CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1373710
Date first listed:
06-Mar-1959
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1373710.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 07-Apr-2020 at 16:06:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Barsham
National Grid Reference:
TF 91561 34963

Details

In the entry for BARSHAM NORTH BARSHAM

6/22 Church of All Saints

The Grade shall be amended to read: II*

------------------------------------

TF 93 SW BARSHAM NORTH BARSHAM 6/22 Church of All Saints 6.3.59 II

Parish church of C13. Flint walling, slated roofs. Truncated 2 bay nave and one bay chancel. West wall with re-set cut-stone and flint, re-set c1300 door, with niche above and bell-cote. South nave wall one 2-light "Y" tracery window; one 3-light of paired lancets both c1300; chancels window 3-light straight headed Perpendicular with cusped lights; chancel east window 3-light paired lancets c1300; north nave on "Y" tracery and one 3-light Perpendicular window. Interior : chancel arch Perpendicular, with rood stairs door and loft door. Nave rood. Later C19 open trussed rafters closely set; chancel roof C19 waggon vault, boarded with arched braces. C13 font with purbeck marble shafts. Pulpit, 1635. North nave well tablet to Philip Russell, 1617, alabaster classical details.



Listing NGR: TF9156134963

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
223508
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/06557/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Colin Johnston. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].