Local Authority Profiles
Local Authority Profiles are comprehensive datasets and information on the historic environment for each local authority in England.
Local communities with an interest in conserving their local heritage and local authority staff can find a range of information. The Local Authority Profile information is available in one place and in an easily accessible format.
Please note: Some users with older versions of Excel may experience difficulties opening the file. Please treat it as a trusted document in any dialogue boxes that pop up. If you still experience difficulties, please email [email protected] so we can send you the file.
Information available in the profiles
The following categories of information are available in the local authority profiles:
- Number of designated heritage assets
- Number of designated heritage assets classed as 'at risk'
- Whether there is a Heritage Champion
- Number of planning applications, listed building consents and parks and garden consents
- Data on National Lottery Heritage Fund grants made within the local authority area
- The number of historic environment specialists advising the local authority
The information in each profile can help local people to understand more and engage with their local heritage. They provide an indication of the resources committed locally to protecting and managing heritage assets in their area. Access to expert advice is vital in ensuring that change, in particular through the planning system, is managed in a way that supports what it is that makes places special and heritage assets significant.