Developed in response to the government report on cultural education in England, our Heritage Schools programme aims to help school children develop an understanding of their local heritage and its significance.
The programme includes clusters of schools in eight regions across England.
The aim of the Heritage Schools programme is to make sure that:
- Children develop a sense of pride in where they live
- Children understand their local heritage and how it relates to the national story
- Teachers are more confident in making effective use of local heritage resources in delivering the curriculum
- Local historic context is embedded in the school's curriculum
- Heritage providers are more connected to the needs of local schools
- Parents are engaged in their children's learning
- Communities are more deeply involved in the life of the school
Sign up to the Heritage Schools newsletter for information on school projects and links to free resources.