Historic England Privacy and Cookies Policy
We take your privacy seriously and treat all the information you give us with great care.
Policy in brief
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. This policy is intended to give you an understanding of how and why we use the personal information you give us and that we receive from others.
We recommend that you read the full policy to understand what information we hold, how we may use it, how we protect it and what your rights are.
Why we collect personal information:
- To provide advice, to provide goods and services, to fundraise, to undertake research, to administer grants, for administration and for the prevention / detection of crime, all with the ultimate aim of championing and protecting England’s historic environment
- We only collect the information that we need or that will help us to provide the best service possible
The types of personal information we collect:
- Personal information (including name, email, address, phone number)
- Information about people we advise, owners, tenants, agents and other parties with an interest in heritage assets including but not limited to enquirers, supporters, applicants, volunteers and employees
Keeping information secure:
- We have been awarded Cyber Essentials certification which demonstrates our commitment to digital security
- We will never sell your personal data and we will never share it with another organisation for marketing purposes
- Information is only shared when we are required to by law or with carefully selected partners who work for us
You can decide not to receive marketing communications or change how we contact you at any time. If you wish to do this or if you have any questions concerning your personal data and how we look after it then please contact us at [email protected]
Details are available from our Website Accessibility Statement.
Access to information
As a public authority Historic England is subject to the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations.
Find out more about what information we make available and how to request it.
Changes to this policy
Information Governance Manager
The Engine House,
Fire Fly Avenue ,