Church of Holy Trinity and St George, New Road, Kendal - South Lakeland

Church of 1835 in Gothic style by George Webster. Nave and chancel in single cell form, with enclosed porch under western organ loft. Interior shows signs of water ingress at eastern corners, causing loss of plaster and damage to decorative scheme.

Church of Holy Trinity and St George, New Road, Kendal - South Lakeland
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY AND ST GEORGE
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1318999
    Local Planning Authority:
    South Lakeland
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of Holy Trinity and St George
    Street Name:
    New Road
    County:
    Cumbria
    District / Borough:
    South Lakeland
    Parish:
    Kendal
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Westmorland and Lonsdale
    Region:
    North West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*, CA