Church of the Holy Trinity, Main Street, Ash - South Somerset

Parish church built in 1841 by Sampson Kempthorne, chancel added 1887, and tower added 1919. Ham stone cut and squared with ashlar dressings and a Welsh slate roof between coped gables. The coping stones have become dangerous and the tower masonry is in poor condition.

Church of the Holy Trinity, Main Street, Ash - South Somerset
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1057286
    Local Planning Authority:
    South Somerset
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of the Holy Trinity
    Street Name:
    Main Street
    County:
    Somerset
    District / Borough:
    South Somerset
    Parish:
    Ash
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Somerton and Frome
    Region:
    South West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II