Church of the Holy Trinity, Minsterley - Shropshire (UA)

Built as a chapel of Westbury between 1688-9, the church consists of a nave and chancel in one with a west end bellcote and a south porch. The use of classical and baroque elements, the extensive use of brickwork, raking buttresses without offsets and a steeply pitched tiled roof, creates an unusual composition. A National Lottery Heritage Fund Grant for Places of Worship was awarded in 2016 to address a range of urgent roof and high level masonry repairs, assorted structural works and renewal of the surface water drainage system. Repair works are due to be completed by the end of 2019.

Church of the Holy Trinity, Minsterley - Shropshire (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Church of the Holy Trinity
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1055228
    Local Planning Authority:
    Shropshire (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of the Holy Trinity
    Unitary Authority:
    Shropshire (UA)
    Parish:
    Minsterley
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Shrewsbury and Atcham
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    D - Slow decay; solution agreed but not yet implemented
    Previous Priority:
    D
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*