Church of St Andrew, Whitminster - Stroud

Small church. Cll foundation, earliest work probably of C14, altered and tower added late C15/early C16, north aisle added 1842, restored c1884-5 by Sir Arthur Blomfield. Random coursed and dressed stone, ashlar tower and part ashlar walls, stone slate roof with coped east verges with saddle stones and cross finials. West tower, nave with south porch and north aisle, chancel, with north vestry of 1880s. The stone slates have slipped or fallen on the nave and north aisle pitches and the porch.

Church of St Andrew, Whitminster - Stroud
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Church of St Andrew
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1303052
    Local Planning Authority:
    Stroud
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Andrew
    County:
    Gloucestershire
    District / Borough:
    Stroud
    Parish:
    Whitminster
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Stroud
    Region:
    South West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    A
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*, CA