Parish Church (dedication unknown), Boraston - Shropshire (UA)

This C12 church was mostly rebuilt between 1884-7 by Henry Curzon at the expense of Lord Northwick of Burford House. Built as a chapel of Burford, it consists of a nave with a west tower and shingled spire, a south porch and an apsidal chancel with north side vestry. Differential settlement has occurred at the east end of the church and is thought to be the result of ineffective surface water drainage. The chancel and vestry tiled roof coverings require repair and the oak shingles to the spire complete renewal. A new surface water drainage system planned for 2018 has yet to be installed.

Parish Church (dedication unknown), Boraston - Shropshire (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Parish Church
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1383416
    Local Planning Authority:
    Shropshire (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Parish Church (dedication unknown)
    Unitary Authority:
    Shropshire (UA)
    Parish:
    Boraston
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Ludlow
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA